viernes, 3 de agosto de 2018

Mary Richmond, the grat reformer



Hi everyone! 

Today I want to talk you about the person that I admire about my career: Mary Richmond. 


Resultado de imagen para mary richmond imagenes

Mary Richmond was born on August 5, 1891 in Belleville, Illinois and died in 1928 in New York. When she was 3 years old her mother died and she was sent to live with her grandmother and her two aunts. In 1978 she graduated from the East High School of Baltimore. 

She was the conceptual inventor, the one who theorized and systematized the Social Work and the one that formalized and its techniques and contents. 

I like her because she did a lot for Social Work be she insisted on the need to created a school for the theoretical-practical training of social workers. She was a feminist suffrage, defended in her books democracy and facing authoritarianism and patriarchalism. 

Mary Richmond was the first american woman to direct the management and administration of a charitable society, a direction that until now had been controlled by mens. When she was 36 years old, she started teaching classes for the first Social Work seminar for the training of Social Work in New York.

In 1905, when she was 44 years old, she founded the first School of Social Work: The New York School of Filantrophy.





5 comentarios:

Table tennis: my favorite sport

Hi everyone!  Today I want to talk you about my favorite sport: table tennis. I have done table tennis more than 5 years. I sta...